FORT SMITH — Nearly a dozen University District workforce will begin the 2021-22 tutorial year in new leadership positions.
The district declared Friday it appointed existing college to fill 10 vacant principal and assistant principal careers. This incorporates Elizabeth Really like as principal of Spradling Elementary Faculty and Matthew Hominick as director of Belle Point Centre, an alternative learning university.
Christina Williams, a district spokeswoman, mentioned Appreciate replaced Robyn Dawson whilst Hominick replaced Tony Jones, whom the district appointed as its new director of secondary schooling previously this month.
Really like has been assistant principal of Morrison and Trusty elementary schools considering that 2019, according to a district news release. Love has also served as Title 1 elementary specialist and a initial- by means of fourth-grade teacher at Spradling Elementary.
“I am quite thrilled about the opportunity to return to the area wherever I commenced my occupation to provide the college students, lecturers and people in this new purpose,” Really like stated.
Hominick, a Maritime Corps veteran, has been an English instructor at Southside High University due to the fact 2013. His vocation also contains time put in as a superior faculty English trainer in Hartford and Pine Bluff.
“I am energized to begin this new chapter in my career and look forward to working with the faculty and staff of Belle Place to generate a nurturing surroundings in which each pupil succeeds,” Hominick said.
The College District manufactured appointments for assistant principal positions at the pursuing elementary and higher educational institutions:
• Cook Elementary Faculty: Cedra Flake, a fifth-grade literacy instructor at Howard Elementary School given that 2016, changed Sarah Mayer.
• Southside High School: Rachael Foster, a seventh-grade teacher at Kimmons Middle College due to the fact 2019, will presume a new situation. Williams claimed the district extra one more assistant principal situation to each Northside and Southside large educational institutions to make certain each grade amount would have an assistant principal assigned to them for a overall of four. This is element of the district’s quality reconfiguration, which will see the substantial faculties converted from grades 10-12 to grades 9-12 and the junior significant educational institutions for grades 7-9 transformed to center schools for grades 6-8, starting off this college 12 months.
Jeff Mosby, a engineering integration specialist considering the fact that 2009, will also provide as an assistant principal of Southside. He changed Jeff Prewitt, who is now principal at the superior college.
• Ballman and Bonneville elementary colleges: Donna Jones, Title 1 elementary professional at Euper Lane Elementary College because 2020, changed Laura Gladden, who is now principal at Ballman.
• Fairview Elementary School: Jennifer Lyon, a library media professional at Tilles Elementary College because 2010, replaced Ami Griggs, who is now principal at Fairview.
• Northside Higher School: Jason Meharg, assistant principal of Chaffin Center College given that 2019, replaced Jennifer Steele, who is now the district’s assistant director of athletics and actions. Meghan Reinhart, an English instructor at Northside due to the fact 2012, will also provide as an assistant principal there, getting replaced Brad Ray.
• Park Elementary School: Amanda Ming, an elementary university counselor at Cook dinner Elementary Faculty considering the fact that 2020, changed Brooke West.
The Fort Smith College District had the pursuing administrative vacancies as of Monday early morning:
• Director of human sources
• Assistant principal at Chaffin Middle School
• Assistant principal at Morrison and Trusty elementary faculties
• Assistant principal at Northside Higher College (supplemental situation because of to grade reconfiguration)
Source: Fort Smith School District