Seven Buncombe County colleges will have new principals when school starts Aug. 23.
The district announced the new directors May 28.
“We are delighted to have these strong directors having on new roles and tasks,” Buncombe County Schools’ Tony Baldwin stated in a push launch. “We know there is difficult work in advance as we all continue to recover in the wake of the pandemic. These are the proper principals to choose the helm and help guide the way to university student success.”
Here is the new management at county educational facilities, as described in the launch:
- Carrie Lynch is the new principal at Avery’s Creek Elementary School. Lynch, the 2021 BCS Principal of the Calendar year, is currently the principal at W.D. Williams Elementary Faculty. Her previous assignments include things like assistant principal at W.D. Williams and Asheville Town Schools’ Ira B. Jones Elementary College.
- Christy Jones is the new principal at W.D. Williams Elementary. Jones is currently a BCS instructional mentor. Her previous knowledge incorporates assistant principal intern and instructor at Estes Elementary School.
- Jeanann Yates is the new principal at Hominy Valley Elementary University. Yates is at this time the principal at Pisgah Elementary. Her previous working experience includes assistant principal and instructor for Haywood County Universities.
- Katie Harris is the new principal at Pisgah Elementary School. Harris serves as assistant principal at Enka Higher College. Her previous knowledge involves teacher at Enka Intermediate School and Candler and Hominy Valley elementary schools.
- Chip Cody is the new principal at Erwin High College. Cody now serves as principal at the Catamount College at Western Carolina University. His earlier working experience contains principal at Eblen Intermediate School and assistant principal at Erwin Middle Faculty.
- Nick Honeycutt is the new principal at Weaverville Most important Faculty. Honeycutt at the moment serves as assistant principal at A.C. Reynolds Higher College. His previous knowledge includes principal in Madison County Faculties.
- Gina Toomey is the new principal at the Buncombe County Universities Virtual Academy (BCSVA). Toomey now serves as assistant principal at Owen Large Faculty. Her previous practical experience incorporates teacher at Owen and Enka higher schools. Toomey will be the first BCSVA principal.
The district also declared the retirement of the adhering to principals:
- Steve Chandler from Weaverville Principal College
- Greg Bailey from Erwin Large University
- Joanne Walker from Hominy Valley Elementary Faculty
- Denise Montgomery from Avery’s Creek Elementary College.
Shelby Harris is a reporter covering schooling and other subjects. She can be arrived at at [email protected] or on Twitter @_shelbyharris.